All authors of accepted and registered papers for IEEE Healthcom are required to upload a pre-recorded video of their paper presentation.
For each paper, the session chair will play your pre-recorded video. You will then be introduced by the session chair and there will be questions and answers on your presentation.
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. This is a requirement for your paper to appear in IEEE Xplore. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below). Please do not try to upload PowerPoint or PDF files. The presentation can be recorded by any of the co-authors.
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, please finalize and upload your video by Monday, 8 February 2021.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx:Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording ? Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
Guidelines for preparing your video:
- 8-10 minutes (Demos; Posters & Short Papers)
- 15-18 minutes (Main Track Full Papers)
- 15-18 minutes (Workshops & Tutorials)
- 20-25 minutes (Industry Program)
- File size: 100MB max
- Video file format: mp4
- Dimensions: Minimum height 480 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to IEEE Healthcom.
- All files must be in MP4 Format
- Less than or equal to 1Mbps bitrate: To check the bit rate, right click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bitrate.
- Resolution = maximum 720p HD
- Please use the following naming convention: PID.mp4, where PID is your paper ID as recorded on EDAS.
Tips for Recording
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
Uploading Your Video
Please remember the upload deadlines: Monday, 8 February 2021.
General Video Upload Instructions:
ComSoc is using the Duetone platform for storing all recorded presentations. Please follow the following steps to upload your talk video by Monday, 8 February 2021:
- Visit https://healthcom.info/, click “Sign In”, and then click “Sign Up”.
- Sign up with your name, affiliation, email address, and the confirmation number that you were provided when you registered.
- In the activation email you receive, click the link to activate the account.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar on the top right corner, then select “Papers”. You will then see a list of papers you have authored. If you do not see your papers, click the “Add all your authored papers and talks to this list” button. You may also add your paper manually by entering your EDAS paper number.
- Click the 'Upload Video’ button (for talk videos) and the ‘Upload Slides” button (for slides).
- For uploading videos, click “Select your video as an MP4 file”, select your video file, and then click “Upload”. After the upload is completed successfully, you will receive a confirmation email message. The video will not be available to attendees in the conference until it is approved by the conference chairs. You will receive another email message when your video is approved.
- For uploading slides, follow similar steps as (7) above.
- You should now be able to download your video by clicking the “Video” Button and verify that the upload is indeed successful. You will also receive an email message letting you know that your video/slides have been successfully uploaded. Please note that the conference organizers will need to approve the video and slides you uploaded before they can be available in the online conference website.
Make sure to include: Paper Number and Paper Title
All presentations must be either MP4 video files or a powerpoint presentation
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows in accordance with the IEEE ComSoc non-presented paper policy.
We look forward to making Healthcom a success within this virtual conference format. We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor.